his second single in t

Модераторы: Echo, Shtirlic

15556926182@163.com

his second single in t

Сообщение 15556926182@163.com » 10 ноя 2018, 02:15

SEATTLE - For a team with the worst record in the major leagues, the Houston Astros seem to be having a good time lately. Things are looking up slightly for Houston. Behind Brad Peacocks strong starting performance and timely hitting, the Astros beat the Seattle Mariners 6-1 on Wednesday night, completing a sweep of the three-game series and giving them a winning record so far in September. "Definitely we want to finish strong," Peacock said. "All the guys are coming together. We have a fun team here, we all get along great and we just carry that on the field. We have fun out there." Houstons record of 50-96 is still the bottom of the league, but the Astros have won six of 11 in September. This was their third sweep of the season, and the first since early June. "Its something we talked about headed down the stretch to the end of the year, lets build some momentum moving toward next year," manager Bo Porter said. The Mariners arent exactly a top-level opponent — with a 65-81 record, theyre also finishing a disappointing season. But the Astros will take their wins where they can get them. Kendrys Morales hit the 100th home run of his career for Seattle, which has lost four straight at home and starts a 10-game trip on Friday. Peacock (5-5) allowed four hits, struck out four, walked one and retired the final nine batters he faced for his fourth win in five starts. The right-hander has pitched into the sixth inning or deeper six times in his seven starts since being called up from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Aug. 4. In his five previous starts for the Astros — all in April — he never got past the fifth. "Hes been outstanding from the time we called him back up," Porter said. "Its been quality start after quality start." Porter said the biggest difference in Peacocks performance from the first month of the season to now is an improved curveball. Peacock attributed his success to the time he spent in Oklahoma City midseason. "I just got my confidence back," he said The Astros took a 5-0 lead after three innings, but the Mariners did threaten late. Trailing by four runs, Seattle loaded the bases with two outs in the eighth inning. Reliever Josh Zeid came in and got Raul Ibanez to pop out to third base, ending the inning. Zeid then pitched the ninth to earn his first career save. "I came in, obviously they have a little bit of faith in me, so I was just trying to be aggressive," Zeid said. Brandon Maurer (4-8) allowed five runs — all scoring with two outs — and seven hits in three innings. It was the first major league start for Maurer since May 28. The rookie right-hander started the season in the Mariners rotation but was sent down to Triple-A on May 29 and worked out of the bullpen since being called back up in late July. He was pressed into duty to replace ace Felix Hernandez, who was originally scheduled for the start but was scratched Monday with a minor oblique strain. As bad as the line was Wednesday, it represented an improvement over Maurers last start against the Astros on April 9, when he gave up six hits and seven hits and didnt get out of the first inning. "Its something hes dealt with before," Seattle manager Eric Wedge said. "When he gets into trouble he is not able to control the damage and he cant stop it. It dominos on him." The Astros took a 2-0 lead in the second on a run-scoring double by Marc Krauss and Carlos Corporans RBI single. Houston added three more in the third. Jonathan Villar led off with a single, and with two outs Brett Wallace drove him in with a single, Matt Dominguez had a ground-rule double and Carters single scored two runs. Morales led off the fourth inning with his homer to right-centre field, his 21st of the season. It was the only time the Mariners really threatened other than the near rally in the eighth. "Its way more fun to win," Zeid said. "When you win ballgames it brings the group together." NOTES: Porter said RHP Paul Clemens, who was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday, has recovered from a blister on his right hand and will start against the Angels on Sunday. ... Seattle OF Abraham Almonte came out of Tuesdays game with stiffness in his legs and was out of the lineup Wednesday as well, although Wedge said he expects Almonte to be ready for Fridays game in St. Louis. ... Wedge had no problems with the players-only meeting held by the Mariners after Tuesdays 13-2 loss to the Astros. "I think its good. I always welcome that. When the players take responsibility for each other and for themselves, I think it says a great deal," Wedge said. Duke Ejiofor Jersey . Neither side would publicly confirm or deny any discussions were taking place, until the near unexpected happened. On Saturday night sources confirmed to TSN, the league and players agreed to terms on a new, tentative CBA, pending ratification by the unions players. A league source confirmed the CFLs board of governors must also ratify any potential agreement. Angelo Blackson Jersey .The McLaren MP4-30 was launched on Thursday, with chief executive Ron Dennis saying it marks the start of a lengthy journey back to winning grands prix and eventually world championships.McLaren, which hasnt won a grand prix since 2012, will be using Honda engines for the first time since 1992, and has signed two-time world champion Fernando Alonso to partner Jenson Button for the upcoming season. http://www.cheaptexansjerseysonline.com/?tag=trevor-daniel-jersey-online . -- Derek Jeter says the New York Yankees have no choice but to move forward now that Alex Rodriguez has accepted his suspension for the 2014 season. Kendall Lamm Jersey . -- New York Yankees centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was sent for an MRI Thursday of his ailing right calf, which was negative. Sammie Coates Jersey . Yet coming off consecutive series losses at St. Louis and Pittsburgh, Los Angeles needed some sort of spark as August approaches. The Dodgers found it in the ballpark of their biggest rival, and left the Bay Area in first place following an emphatic three-game swing. CHICAGO -- It started with a pregame video and ran all the way through the final out and a high-five line for the New York Yankees. This was the Derek Jeter show, and it was quite a performance for the shortstops farewell tour. Jeter had four hits and Masahiro Tanaka rebounded nicely from his first major league loss, leading the Yankees to a 7-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday. "I just want to try to help us win. Thats it," Jeter said. "Our job is, if theres a guy on second base and Ive got to hit a ground ball to second to move him over, Ill do it. I dont think about personal statistics. I think about trying to help us win." He certainly played a key role as the Yankees closed out an extended stay in Chicago with a pair of wins against the White Sox. Brett Gardner had a big two-run single in New Yorks four-run second inning, and Brian Roberts added a solo homer in the eighth in his return to the lineup after missing a game with a sore right knee. "Everyone contributed today," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. Tanaka (7-1) pitched into the seventh inning as New York improved to 3-3 on its unusual nine-game trip to Chicago and St. Louis. The Yankees split two games against the Cubs at Wrigley Field, and then had another split in their four-game set on Chicagos South Side. Conor Gillaspie had two hits and drove in a run for the White Sox, who had won eight consecutive home games against New York before Saturdays 4-3 loss in 10 innings. Gillaspie is batting .364 (20 for 55) in his past 15 games. Andre Rienzo (4-1) struck out seven in five innings, but allowed four earned runs and seven hits. "It seemed all day he was working from behind," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "He wasnt getting ahead. He just wasnt as sharp as hes been in previous outings -- and it cost him." Jeter once again heard loud cheers throughout the day in what likely was his final game in Chicago. The 13-time All-Star plans to retire after the season. "Its one of my favourite cities, and the way the fans have treated me these two series here, its been tremendous," Jeter said. "Its something Ill always remember." The White Sox showed a video highlighting Jeters background before the game and prresented the 39-year-old shortstop with three gifts: a baseball-themed bench made by former White Sox and Yankees player Ron Kittle, enclosed infield clay from the shortstop area at U.ddddddddddddS. Cellular Field and a $5,000 donation to Jeters Turn 2 Foundation. Jeter waved to the sellout crowd of 39,142 after he received the gifts from White Sox slugger Paul Konerko, who also plans to retire after the season. He also acknowledged the home dugout, where the White Sox applauded the pregame ceremony from the top step. Once the game started, it was all business for the captain. Jeter drove in Roberts with his second single in the second. He tripled past diving centre fielder Adam Eaton in the fourth and scored on Rienzos wild pitch, and then added another run-scoring single in the sixth. "Man. Hes good," Rienzo said. "The first one is cutter, the second one is inside, and the third is cutter, too. Hes a winner. I hope I would win, but its OK." The crowd gave Jeter a standing ovation when he batted for the last time in the eighth, and then applauded again when he struck out swinging to end the inning. It was Jeters first four-hit game since a 9-6 loss at the White Sox on Aug. 20, 2012. New Yorks 10-hit attack was more than enough for Tanaka, who allowed one run and five hits in 6 2-3 innings. The Japanese right-hander struck out six and walked two in his 10th major league start. Tanaka was coming off a 6-1 loss to the lowly Cubs on Tuesday that ended his unbeaten streak at 42 regular-season starts. "I wanted the ball to go down and thats why I made some tweaks to my mechanics," Tanaka said through a translator. Tanaka had been 34-0 in Japan and North America the last two seasons, though he did drop Game 6 of the Japan Series last year before earning the save in Game 7. NOTES: It was Jeters first triple since New Yorks 22-9 victory over Oakland on Aug. 25, 2011. ... Yankees RHP Michael Pineda is scheduled to pitch two innings in an extended spring training game on Tuesday. Pineda was placed on the 15-day disabled list on May 6 with a shoulder muscle injury. ... Yankees slugger Carlos Beltran will attempt some dry swings in New York on Monday. Beltran is out with a bone spur in his right elbow that could require surgery. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Вернуться в «Флудилка»